The Executive Leadership Institute (ELI) is a nine-month leadership impact program for high level business professionals that begins in September and continues with monthly class sessions until graduation and pinning ceremony in May. Sessions are held at various locations across the greater Bristol area typically from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Applicant participation on these scheduled days is mandatory for successful completion.
This cohort style program convenes executives and emerging leaders from the region’s leading organizations to further build and define critical capabilities required to lead as well as thrive in a world of increasing uncertainty and volatility. ELI’s design allows for an exclusive network of peers and mentors to connect while exploring leverageable information regarding current issues, trends, and technologies impacting the business community. Leadership, strategy and execution are core principles that drive programming for sustained personal and organizational performance.
Combining research with compelling interactive learning improves abilities to build dynamic partnerships with others to achieve business results and successes.
The Executive Leadership Institute is for professionals who:
- Desire to build upon skills and confidence for achieving personal and professional growth and goals.
- Strive to gain a deeper understanding of leader roles in the community.
- Search for opportunities to expand knowledge through a customized developmental experience.
COHORT LEGACY PROJECT
Leadership and legacy, is for all people who want to make an impact beyond the execution of assigned tasks. Beyond participation and successfully completing class sessions, each cohort will define a community/region project that will identify a need and provide the roadmap for addressing it.
BENEFITS TO PARTICIPANTS
- Provide an opportunity to meet other business leaders to grow your professional network within the community and region.
- Increase visibility of the individual and their associated business or organization.
- Provide the opportunity to serve the community through the legacy project.
- Allows cohort participants to refine leadership skills and strategies applicable to the workplace environment.
- Increase awareness of programs, issues, and opportunities that exist in the community.
REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE
- Applicants must be 21 or over to apply
- Application and participant agreement must be completed and submitted.
- Successful completion of this program is built on continuous exposure to innovative trainings and trend-setting business professions. Therefore, attendance to all program sessions is expected.
The attached program schedule serves as an example only. Sessions will be from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. on program days. Dates, times and locations are subject to change. In the event of any schedule deviation, Institute participants will be notified two weeks prior when possible.
Session topics are designed to enhance strategic leadership abilities, drive change and innovation within the participant’s organization, increase one’s influence and develop a competitive advantage, among others. Topics include: leadership essentials, conflict resolution, servant leadership, financial oversight, business development strategies, serving the public in an elected capacity, media engagement, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, mentoring and coaching, accountability, influence & negotiation, change management, among many others.
Non-refundable tuition is $2,500. The tuition includes the retreat expenses, food & beverages, trainers, materials, and administrative costs for the entire nine-month program.
In general, the appropriate attire for sessions is business professional. If additional attire is suggested for other portions of the session, it will be noted in pre-session emails.
The selection criterion for participation is based upon:
- Application information.
- Recognized leadership ability.
- Attaining a diverse range of leaders.
- Demonstrated commitment, motivation, and interest to serve the community.
EXAMPLE INSTITUTE SCHEDULE
***Please note that the schedule provided below, serves as an example only. Topics, dates, and locations can/will change. ***
SESSION 1: OPENING SESSION/RETREAT
Date/Time: Tuesday, September 19, 2023 from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Session Focus: Building the Foundation
Date/Time: Tuesday, October 17, 2023 from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Session Focus: Diversity Equity & Inclusion
Date/Time: Tuesday, November 14, 2023 from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Session Focus: Servant Leadership
Date/Time: Tuesday, December 12, 2023 from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Session Focus: Elected Service & Government Relations 101
Date/Time: Tuesday, January 9, 2024 from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Session Focus: Economic Outlook
Date/Time: Tuesday, February 13, 2024 from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Session Focus: Building Team Culture
Date/Time: Tuesday, March 12, 2024 from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Session Focus: Media
Date/Time: Tuesday, April 16, 2024 from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Session Focus: Community Awareness
FRIDAY BUSINESS BRIEFING
Date/Time: Friday, May 3, 2024 from 7:15 – 8:30 a.m.
Session Focus: Cohort Graduation Recognition
GRADUATION/ PINNING CEREMONY:
Date/Time: Tuesday, May 14, 2024 from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Session Focus: Achievement Celebration