This program will give you the tools to develop valuable team members by building productivity and engagement, while maintaining accountability and control. Effective delegation helps develop individuals and achieve specific organizational outcomes. Learn how to identify who is ready for delegation using a reliable and collaborative process, and become prepared to determine “who will do what, when, and to what standard?” in your day-to-day role.
In today’s leaner and faster business world, managers are expected to do more with less. It is more important than ever for managers to effectively delegate projects and tasks. In order to be a truly effective manager, you must be comfortable delegating work and ensuring your employees are accountable for delivery. With a fine line between delegating and “dumping”, it is important to follow specific steps that make assignments clear and create a sense of ownership among team members while also maintaining overall control.
At the completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
• Demonstrate the steps of the delegation process.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to develop and train others.
• Plan and prepare for a delegation meeting.
• Communicate clear performance standards for follow-up and accountability.
• Understand the empowerment cycle.