Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee
Development Director Job overview
Job Requirements: Bachelor’s degree and minimum of five years successful fundraising experience including major gifts, cultivating executive corporate level donors, individual donor relations, direct mail and digital marketing plan, grant writing, and construction/compliance of departmental budget. Two years of demonstrated staff supervision and management experience in non-profit development department. Excellent organization skills and positive motivation are essential. Excellent computer skills required.
Job Summary: Responsible for the planning, organization, coordination, and supervision of the Development activities of the food bank. Coordinates, oversees, and participates in the generation of gifts for operational and program needs as well as capital campaigns. Works in concurrence with and in support of the Board of Directors and the Executive Director’s fundraising activities. Administers oversight and leadership to development staff to achieve development departmental goals. Ensures the implementation, tracking, reporting, and success of building and maintaining donor relationships for all positions of the Department.
- Oversees a relationship building program for all revenue sources.
- Ensures functionality of development staff performance and their activities.
- Advises and overseesDonor Relations Senior Manageron the creation of portfolios of new donors, current donors, and prospects for major gifts including contacts, tracking, solicitation, reporting, and other related information on each individual.
- Advises and oversees Grant Coordinator and Development Writer on grant submission approaches.
- Works with Executive Director, Board of Directors, and Board Marketing and Development Committee to develop a comprehensive fundraising plan including objectives, goals, methods, and timelines (as outlined in the Strategic Plan)
- Ensures reports on progress toward goals.
- Ensures key donor correspondence as appropriate.
- Prepares departmental revenue and expense budget.
- Advises and coordinates staff activities in support of the annual budget and Capital Campaign(s) as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Advises and oversees Donor Database Manager and Donor Database Entry Assistant on donor record keeping, maintenance, and acknowledgment of all donations.
- Functions as the primary department lead and serves on the Directors team.
- Represents the organization with multiple donor segments articulating the need for supporting the mission of the organization.