About Food City: Food City is a privately held, family-owned company with a driving mission to "run the best store in town." Dedicated to giving back to the communities we serve; we encourage our associates to get involved with their local civic organizations. We consider our associates to be our greatest asset. Over 13% of the company is currently owned by our associates through our employee stock ownership plan, promoting tremendous pride in the services and products we provide. If you're looking for a great career or the opportunity to try something different, consider becoming part of the Food City family. Interested candidates may apply via www.FoodCityCareers.com.
Job Summary: The Lighting Service Technician is responsible for the support of retail operations through maintenance, installation, and repair of lighting fixtures throughout K-VA-T, Inc. locations, specifically in Pikeville, KY or Clintwood, VA.
Essential Job Functions:
- Take ownership of the lighting systems and become a proactive partner of the K-VA-T retail stores in an assigned route.
- Conduct periodic checks and perform preventive maintenance on lighting equipment to mitigate risk of critical failures.
- Diagnose and maintain all electrical and control aspects of the supermarket lighting systems.
- Install new and remove used equipment as needed for remodels and upgrades.
- Conceive and assist in developing procedures and strategies that can be adopted company-wide for improved performance, reduced time, and cost reduction.
- Maintain all records necessary for government and company purposes.
Additional Job Functions:
- Store re-lamping as required.
- Be available as needed.
- Additional duties may be assigned, as required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in lighting- or electrical-related maintenance or accredited training on the principles of electrical maintenance.
- Experience with 115v and 277v electrical systems.
- Competence with electronic testing equipment.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Valid work permit.
- Must pass physical exam and drug screen.
- Experience with Danfoss controllers, preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and/or written instructions, perform routine and repetitive tasks and have constant contact/interaction with various levels of individuals daily.
- Ability to attend on-site work during normal business hours, in the typical work week, as well as additional time as needed to fulfill job duties.
Benefits of working for Food City: 401(k) with company match, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Weekly Pay Checks with Direct Deposit, Company paid Life and Disability Insurance, Medical Plan with wellness benefits, Dental Plan, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations, Associate Offers, and so much more!