Experiential Education Program AnalystThe Experiential Education Programs Analyst (EEP) will provide extensive administrative and program operations assistance to the Senior Associate Director of Experiential Education Programs in The van Vlissingen Center for Career & Professional Development. This position will support the mission to develop and lead a multifaceted program in which an increasing number of students will have opportunities for quality experiential education involving Student Employment and credit-bearing Internships. This position will support the Student Employment Program providing a “best in practice” employment program where students grow in their career and academic pursuits through mentorships and experience in the world of work. In addition, the EEP Analyst will be a engaged member of the Career Center team and will assist with programming and events as needed.Responsibilities
- Creates and maintains student employment and internship records, in order for student employees to receive earnings and for student interns to receive academic credit.
- Processes and monitors all program requirements for student employment administration on-campus, including Federal Work Study, employment verifications, and other documents related to student employment, and for processing academic internships, including the completion of registration and evaluation forms.
- Monitor compliance with State & Federal regulations for student employment which include verification of work permits associated with I-9s, W-4s, VA-4, etc.
- Upload student employment records into Microsoft Teams and gain expertise in using Jenzabar technologies to analyze and troubleshoot problems with end users.
- Partner with the Office of Human Resources Team to ensure compliance with the program.
- Interface with campus stakeholders including Financial Aid, the Business Office, and Informational Technology, involving deadlines and program updates/changes.
- Utilize Handshake CRM to assist Supervisors in posting student employment positions on campus, review submitted job descriptions and insure proper recruiting efforts.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of policies and procedures related to Student Employment and the Internship Program. Maintains e-mail communications with students and campus partners Assists with customer service efforts in the office including answering phone calls and greeting walk-in visitors as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned related to Student Employment, the Internship Program and The van Vlissingen Center for Career & Professional Development initiatives as a whole.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated proficiency of computer programs to include MS Word, Access and Excel.
- Knowledge of CRM databases including such platforms as Handshake, CareerShift and Jenzabar.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, proven ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external constituencies at all times with diplomacy and tact.
- Strong customer service focus, with the ability to problem solve, use sound judgment and refer to situations that require escalations to departmental leadership.
- Highly organized with an attention to detail that results in accuracy in daily work, with the
- proven ability to handle multiple priorities with competing deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work successfully as an individual contributor and work constructively as a dedicated team player.
- Previous customer service and administrative support experience.
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous experience working in a college career center or other higher education
- administrative or admissions office.
- Ability to learn new applications quickly.
- Experience with Jenzabar.
- Knowledge of student employment or internship programs in higher education.
Working ConditionsThe work environment is typical to that of a small private residential institution of higher education. Someevening and weekend work will be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.Physical RequirementsThis position does not require any specific physical demands other than those typical in a modern office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.